Sunday, 7 December 2008

sleep: no. flood-damage: yes!

Our block flooded last night. when I say our block i mean the corridor attached to mine.

So today is our Hblock Christmas meal so I knew that I had to be up early to peel potatoes and other do other such culinary things, so being sensible I decided to get an early night being in bed about 1. ten minutes into a blissful sleep I was awoken by someone running up and down the corridor screaming "we're all going to diieeeeeeeee." thinking this was just a drunken shout I attempted to ignore it but it did not go away and was followed by talk of "drowning". I hastily shoved on a pair of jeans and a hoody and went to investigate what was going on...
Water was gushing down the corridor next to ours and drunken girls in Santa costumes and stilettos were rolling about in it screeching. possibly one of the most bizarre things I have seen in a while. anyway I set off to reception after having established that they had already visited but the only action taken was that a form was filled in. After having assured the reception staff that I was not drunk and not making strange claims about flooding they agreed to send someone.

Apparently someone had left the taps on in the upstairs kitchen which consequently flooded their hall and kitchen and then cascaded through the ceiling to the the kitchen and hall below, making the downstairs kitchen over a foot deep in water. I went upstairs to see where the problem had come from and had a good laugh at the 2nd floor that were merrily splashing about in it all whilst one poor flat member in pajamas and a dressing gown frantically attempted to mop it up. funny.
:)

1 comment: