Bonjour! I have some free time to update this, sorry its taken me so long!
Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, I did successfully manage to ask for a waffle flavoured icecream the other day.
So this week has been pretty busy, the australian family who own the surf hostel have 5 young children and their dad has gone away for the week. So this week I am babysitter/ extra pair of hands and eyes. I help with breakfast then babysit the two youngest for a bit then help with some afternoons and most evenings. Im usually so shattered by the time I get to crawl into bed.
Been off bodyboarding with some frenchies when I can, they have been really lovely and lent me loads of stuff like flippers etc. I gonna start learning to surf when the waves get a bit better. Im very much covered in bruises and cuts now though after several run ins with rocks, my board and tripping over my flippers. yes flippers and me is not a good mix.
I dont have to use my french at the hostel at all, its a nice change to actually be able to understand whats going on :)
there is a game called 'toucan' that I have been playing alot with the frenchies although this presents a problem as the word 'toucan' is virtually impossible for me to say, they spent ages with me practicing the 'ou' and the 'a' sound and I can hear the difference but I physically cannot make the right french sound, it doesnt exist in english. In turn for this pronunciation help I have been teaching them the 'th' sound .
right so Im going to get back to my dried apple crisps so here are some things I'd love prayer for...
- a big thanks to God that Im properly settled in, have now got the correct adapter plug and have been really well.
- please pray that the time I have to spend with people is really great and that am able to be a friend to the people Im around, trying to show something of God's love to them even when Im exhausted and dont feel like it.
- for opportunities to share the completely amazing good news about Jesus with those Im around.
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu
:)
1 comment:
Good to here you are settling in well. I wish I was off surfing!
Keep up showing God's love by friendly and helpful - Praying 4 u.
Post a Comment