Saturday, 4 December 2010

France you big Christmas food fail



Life has been a whole lot better post Uni-project, I'm feeling very chrismassy (weather induced) and I am having to plan my next two weeks of christmas themed lessons today. I was thinking about baking my classes some English christmas food but then I realised...
a) I teach over 350 children
b) You cannot buy mince pies, mincemeat, christmas pudding, bulk packs of dried raisins etc or fondant icing.

Therefore, for personal christmassy feeling, I stocked up on stuff at lidl, wrong country's food but hey.

All the christmas lights in Péri turn on tonight I think, there is now an ice-skating rink and a christmas market too. We remain completely snowless though. Freezing, but snowless.

Right I have to go and think of good ways to teach Christmas, without mentioning anything remotely to do with the real reason behind it (completely secular schools).

Another idea of mine was to give a powerpoint presentation with photos of christmas in England. Problem= none of the schools have computers to do this on. Seriously France what is that about?

:)

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Wow, that's a bit extreme! Why do the kids think they're celebrating if they're not told the Christmas story?! Loving the Christmassy ness though, it sounds great fun :) You could make paper snowflakes!!