Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Death by Powerpoint

As the title suggests I have been to more than my fair share of introductory meetings and have another 3 days of them. Today I met some more people doing my course, there are 6 of us (3 boys 3 girls) which was groovy cos we could be utterly confused together and they do seem really nice.

Nothing seems particularly organised here if you are attempting to do combined honours because everything seems to clash and there is not a lot of communication going on between my two subjects so we have been told a fair bit of wrong info today.

To add to all this, nobody else has half as much to do as lang students on the first week so others can just bum around,unfair. I was up at 7.45 this morn for my half and hour walk to the campus for my 9 am French test. I had to write an essay for an hour entitled 'my arrival at uni' at least I hope thats what it meant :D
I then had a tour (all in french of course) and had to fill in a 'quiz' (!!??) (again all in French) it does seem a bit hard on us all considering it was our second day at Uni and id say more than half of the people there were *somewhat* hungover.
Apologies for the rant as it does not make a particularly interesting/ uplifting read.

Despite all of this I think it will be great, at least there is def the potential to have a lot of fun :)

5 comments:

Zoe said...

wow, a test already is impressive. V glad you've found lots of lovely people and hopefully the confusion will sort itself out soon.
Powerpoints are evil in large quantities.

Anonymous said...

You'll know if you've done REALLY badly in the French test if they recommend you switch to History and Horticulture instead!

Josh Allen said...

oh no, history and horticulture is worse than istory and french! Hope uv done ok!

Will Matthews said...

all sounds rather jam packed dear - my advice to you just to chill out a bit is to skip your next lecture and go and find a mexican man with a guitar and then let him serenade you all day - and just remember - will always knows best :P

byatt2002 said...

he he
you'r freshers week sounds like mine. i had to be in at 9 every morning and had a mathes test on the second day.
it's not fair with everyone els dossing about :(