Wednesday, 12 August 2009

france update no.3

Bonjour! I apologise in advance for any typos, im seriously not used to using a french keyboard and also that this might be a little long.

Today I managed to whilst asking for a waffle flavoured icecream actually end up with strawberry... they are in no way similar words I have no idea how I managed it, so I settled for strawberry anyway.

It all seems to have been a bit of a blur since I last updated, Im now staying at a "surf hostel" helping clean in the mornings and helping to look after the kids of the people who run it ( who love to try and copy my accent as they find it hilarious). Because im going to be really busy with it all next week they have given me today and tomorrow off. wahey!! so today I spent all day on the beach in the beautiful sunshine.
The australian guy who runs the place says he'll give me surf lessons- which i think is asking for trouble because I dont think I can even stand up on a board on solid ground without falling off.

In terms of what I have come out here to do I think its really been teaching me a lot about having a servants heart and also the power that prayer has. That having the time and the space to pray for France, especially this region and the work thats going on here through the missionaries, is still helping LOADS. in fact its fundamental. Im learning loads about the culture here too , its pretty spiritually dry, nobody wants anything to do with God or the church I dont think I really realised quite how much more open people back home are, in general its a much more closed society here.

things you lot can pray for:
-that God would open up opportunities for me to chat about Jesus and what I believe with those who are staying in the hostel ( especially the guys i work with)
-that in whatever ways im working or socialising that I would show God's love and be a witness for him

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

teach me to surf when you get home Dad

Sarah Richardson said...

now that I'd love to see :o)
glad it's going well Chloe and good to hear that you are sunning yourself while your brother is decorating for us! (and your Mum)
be careful what you order next time or you may end up with snail icecream or frogs legs on toast.