It was incredible how I went out there just with the aim of trying to be a blessing but in turn I was also totally blessed by my stay there- God is incredible!
I feel like I learnt loads about God's provision too. When I was thinking about going to France for the summer I had several reservations...
1) My food allergy ( coeliac, very gluten intolerant)
2) as a penniless student not being able to afford to go
3) not being very much help
4) the language
5) being on my own
and for every one of these things God really stepped in and none of it was a problem...
1) I got TOTALLLLYY HEALED!!!! like completely and utterly. from going from someone who would get ill at even traces of flour in something really small, to being able to eat baguettes, pasta, pizza, the lot. Praise God!
2) In the weeks before me going away, without even asking, I received above and beyond what I even needed- like significantly more. So much so, that I am now in the position where all the money that I didn't need I am being able to give to the new church plant out there that really needs it to get started. Praise God!
3) I was a help. In a different way than I thought was even possible, but I really felt like it was right place right time for me this summer- something that was totally God knowing how the people I was with needed help and knowing that I had free time to do it. If you ask God to use you he will, and in the most incredible ways.
4) God provided loads of people around me who were patient, willing to teach me, or just spoke great English!
5) yea now the being on my own thing was hard sometimes, I did feel isolated now and then but in these times my dependence on God was really important, someone to chat things through with and just generally to spent time with. It was awesome! and actually God really provided some amazing people for me to get to know and hang out with. I made some really great friends and had a heck of a lot of fun too.
Sorry that this is long, I hate long blog entries, but I thought that it was really important to mention all of this stuff. It just really shows how much God really really cares about everything that matters to us, how he seriously answers prayers, and how when he tells us to do something he's not going to leave us to struggle on with it ourselves. Even if we feel like we are out of our depth God is our armbands our rubber ring and the lifeguard holding his hand out. we need never to worry.
:)
4 comments:
God is Faithful! Amen.
Awesome Chloe!! Thrilled you had such a fab time and were so blessed as God used you. Brilliant news about being healed too! PRAISE GOD!!
Sarah
Brilliant, such a great summer in Loads of ways
Psalm 145:13
The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving to all he has made.
Amen!
x Beth
Post a Comment