Friday, 18 March 2011

I lick strawberry but I don't lick peece.


After 6 months I may still be speaking French like a Spanish cow (a french expression I learnt this week) BUT I think I'm about there with knowing my food favourites. I may not be able to tell the gender of a certain noun but I can tell you where to get the biggest chocolate pain aux raisins, the best almondy croissant, the best crepe, three-course meal or baguette. At least I can leave here knowing I have achieved something very worthwhile.

School is being its usual self, although, because I haven't got that much time left teaching I can definitely feel my motivation going. This week I got fed up of seeing a class full of 5/6 year olds and them all wanting to do the French 'bises', which, whilst cute, they are snotty little things at a much lower level than me, so I have now introduced the high-five. "Oh yes, in England we high-five" I reassured them all.

I had a week including kids thinking 'food' meant football and that the plural of brother is sister. One class found themselves facing my wrath, sitting in silence and writing lines, another of my classes was yet again observed my 2 trainee teachers, who were much older and much more trained than I am. The week also featured a few "grandmonster"s and many many "I lick bananas" despite my constant correction to "grandmother" or "I like".

:)

No comments: