Saturday, 26 March 2011

Mon anniversaire.

It was my first birthday away from home (it has always been the Easter holidays!) but despite the weirdness of that I had a really nice day. It felt a bit strange having to get up early, go to school and work on my 21st- but it will definitely be a birthday I won't forget. It was a beautiful day, 24 degrees and a pure blue sky. It was just nice for me to relax when I wasn't teaching, open cards in my lunch break and justify eating chocolatey goodness all day. The kids were relatively well behaved, I didn't even have my worst class which was a great birthday present! One class even sang me happy birthday in English!

One thing that I am really good at is eating, so I decided that to celebrate I wanted to have a evening picnic by the river. Here there is an Irish Pub that does fish and chips every Thursday so we took our battered cods and english chips to eat on a wooden jetty with cushions and candles. Then, as if that wasn't enough food for one night, we went to a restaurant and had ice-cream sundays. It was really chilled out, nothing big or fancy, but just how I had wanted it to be.


Spring is springing

We had a great view from our jetty

Fish and Chips by candlelight.

Thank you all for you amazing presents, cards and messages I felt incredibly loved even though I was so far from home.
:)

1 comment:

Chris Richardson said...

Glad you had a great birthday.