It was a happy last day there though, aside from the occasional tantrum from kids who didn't win 'simon says'. I received lots of drawings from the kids to say thanks and even the staff brought me a present to say how much they had appreciated having me around this school year and wished I could stay another. Both kids (and staff!) said how much they have learnt this year and found it really fun, which was my main aim after years of dull language tuition.
Just a few of the many many drawings I received.
I will miss the kids there loads,I quite like being surrounded every break with gaggles of curious frenchlettes. Today Candice and Paulina gave me a 'french lesson' where they listed all the words they could think of and asked me if I knew them. Rather unfortunately the only work Candice wanted to try and learn in English was 'fork' because her dad couldn't remember what it was, although she keeps pronouncing it wrong so I hope her parents don't think I taught her something else...
I made the staff a big fruitcake which was wolfed down by them and really enjoyed (I have, one-cake-at-a-time, spent the year slowly trying to undo French hang-ups about English cuisine). A few weeks back I had been asked for the recipe by a teacher who likes to cook and so was able to give the delighted culinary-keen my translated version.
To get some 'classic English' in, the weather is glorious this week, sunshine and 24-26 forcasted all week.
:)
P.s I'LL BE BACK SOON. Prepare yourself England. I have an awkward habit of speaking English with the occasional 'alors' or 'quand-meme' thrown in. Lets see if I can rid myself of that before I get classed as one of the pretentious people who uses foreign terms because they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment