Sunday, 1 May 2011

A student's nightmare or a student's dream?

I'm back. (well, since Thursday)

I have 20 days to get this research project done, 20 days and a whole lot of words in French stand between me and freedom.

Interestingly enough It may actually get done, I have never been in this situation before- I don't really have anything else to do!

I'm sat listening to the hum of the fridge in a glorified potting shed in the middle of France, I have no TV and the internet doesn't work too well,all my dvds have already been watched over and over and most of my friends have left. All distractions have been removed.

My house is clean, my papers are organised, I can't cook anything because my gas cylinder is empty and needs replacing. It's too hot outside to work there. All procrastination techniques have been removed.

There are 3 potential outcomes:

1) The project will get done.
2) I will get really really creative about finding things to do.
3) Some kind of madness will set in.

I'm banking on 2.
:)

1 comment:

Kay said...

hey chloe :-)
how are u?
hope you get the project done, how come u only have 20 days?
i am waaay behind!!
xxx