Saturday, 7 May 2011

Yet another example of my French prowess.

My French after 8 months is get-by-able at best, but it certainly does not stand up to large groups with multiple conversations going on at the same time.

Last night I was trying to listen into about 3 conversations at once to find my way of getting involved, (when you don't speak the language well you are a bit behind!)I caught a useful snippet of conversation at the other end of the table, one girl said that she had had enough, I thought she meant enough of the food we had just eaten so I’m like yeah me too I’ve had enough. Turns out she was just talking about dieting. At which point the partakers of that conversation, who are, lets say, large, turn to me with fowl faces, scoff and go ‘yeah ok how much weight have you lost?’.

Now this is not to say that these things don't happen in England too, except when they do you can try and dig yourself out the hole you created, whereas in another language you have got no choice but to stand in the hole you have just made and whimper while everyone else stares from above.

Added to that, they like to water the grass a lot here and whilst walking home I walked straight through a path of sprinklers. haha.

:)

No comments: