Sunday, 26 June 2011

No work, all play.


One of the guys I work with had his birthday this weekend, cue 'musician' themed fancy dress party. Me and my roomie went as Simon and Garfunkel.
The only downside was this this weekend has been scorching hot, like standing in an oven at all times. Wearing a wig and a big winter jacket was not comfy, but I was digging my blond 'fro.

Then, up early this morning to catch the best waves (apparently its best about 7.30 in the morn) It seemed like a good idea until the alarm went off but it was a nice fun way to start my sunday ( and I discovered how unfit I am.)

Last week we got prank phoncalled by our boss, revenge came in the form of labelling every single part of his car, inside and out- including the engine!! I downloaded the owners manual for his car on the internet and we spent the afternoon in the office writing our 400 post-it notes.



Team has been interesting this week, we are all very different characters which can make for annoyance and fireworks occasionally when you live and work together, but I feel more and more like it's family, and we are about ready to hit the madness that is July and August in the hostel. I love hanging out with the other English girls here, we've been having lots of fun together which I really thankful for after the isolation of Perigueux. Life of the sunshine and beach is bliss (aside from mornings), and I feel massively blessed to be back here again.

In the quieter moments I am missing summer fun with my Bristol lot though...
:)

No comments: