FridayWell in the evening we had Unite (thats the big CU meeting) and it was being held in a big local church (see pic), so we packed out its pews and had a good time as always, with many notices and much signing up for things (ahh well at least its just like being at church at home:)) All
this was followed by some pub visiting and many new people had the pleasure of meeting me and my germy coldyness. Then -taking some of the newly met people with us- we had a bit of a hot choc session in a kitchen.
this was followed by some pub visiting and many new people had the pleasure of meeting me and my germy coldyness. Then -taking some of the newly met people with us- we had a bit of a hot choc session in a kitchen.Saturday
I did some work, slept and blew my nose.Sunday
I went to a new frontiers church called 'Life' and had to catch the bus at 8.55 to get to it. shock horror :O. It meets in a cinema, obviously not
whilst there is a film showing. Subsequently the seats were very comfy but I was disappointed that they did not hand out popcorn for mid-service snacks. In the afternoon I took myself and my excessively large french dictionary to Southampton common to sit in the sunshine and look for synonyms.
whilst there is a film showing. Subsequently the seats were very comfy but I was disappointed that they did not hand out popcorn for mid-service snacks. In the afternoon I took myself and my excessively large french dictionary to Southampton common to sit in the sunshine and look for synonyms. Monday
In today's history lecture we were told repeatedly "the best historians are the best communicators so keep your prose clear and simple". Obviously nobody has ever told that to all the historians whose books I've just read. I also had another french speaking class and we played the game mafia, but in french so it was called 'les loups' as it was about wolves instead of Italians. I still can't speak french.
I'm sure I have walked miles today, which is good considering the amount I'm eating. The thing is that as a student it is hard to gauge portions and only cook for one so me and my flat mates are all pretty much eating for 2-3 people :). I really need to go shopping though as I'm fast running out of remotely fresh vegetables. I know I'm getting desperate as I counted one of my five-a-day as the tomato sauce on my pizza. :S
:)
5 comments:
Its ok to count pizza topping as one of your 5 a day. Most parents count tomato ketchup as one of their children's 5 a day anyway!!!
Hope you don't run out of tissues and you stop sniffling very soon.
Also I'm sure you speak French beautifully (especially compared to me!)
Love the drawings, Chlo. Can imagine playing mafia in french was challenging - I mean, giving a persuasive alibi as to why you didn't kill someone isn't the kind of vocab you generally get taught in school (unless it's a particularly rough school!).
Er... why do my comments have a grey person (!!) beside them, whereas other people manage to get a funky orange E?! Could it be I am doing something wrong by any chance?! Explanations (simple ones) welcome.
And Sarah - what on earth were you doing up at close to midnight last night - keeping student hours?!!!
it is great to login to your blogg. Dad
If I had lots of money for postage I would send you a carrot and some celery in an envelope :D I can imagine that would be quite exciting to recieve :P
Is that High grove church? - If so I am soooo excited!
Post a Comment