So last week I had my 'stage'- training. Monday seemed a bit pointless, a day of waiting around. We heard a talk about medical care and insurance and social security. All very confusing, especially as Uni made me take out pretty comprehensive insurance before I left. Im sure I could end up with 4 different insurance plans over here that cover the same thing, everywhere I go I seem to be offered the stuff. I will be one insured human.
The secondary assistants started work on the Tuesday, us primary assistants had a whole week before we being let loose in French schools.
Tuesday involved our supervisor getting us to sing lots of songs about fruits and we played lots of language learning games. for the kids of course.
I have repeated the word ‘strawberry’ so many times now that it seems like a weird word.
Wednesday we had off.Because primary schools over here have Wednesdays off.
Thursday and Friday were more of the same, learning ways to teach english. I found out that I will be teaching in 3 different primary schools all over the place, they aren't that close to me either!
I feel like so much has been happening, from getting baguette munching jaw ache to my supervisor thinking that the English greeting was bowing slightly. From a class of 20+ year olds sitting reading each other children’s story books to doing a bible study with a French couple on Haggai (Aggée in French!) Oh, and attending the start of a choir practice only to discover it was an operatic one and eating a shameful number of chocolate biscuits at a welcome thing.
Oh and I have been given a huge slice of what I think is a pumpkin and I have no idea what to do with it... suggestions?
1 comment:
I think you can fry pumpkin and make a really nice stew with it...but don't hold me to that!
Post a Comment