Friday, 1 October 2010

I'm not stupid, just english.

I was invited out for a meal last night with some of the other assistants. There were actually loads of us, I had no idea there would be so many assistants because we were only told about those who were doing the same as us (primary schools) It was really great to meet lots of other people- most of them had only recently arrived so it was great to be able to reassure them that they would settle in and that it would all be ok!

The exercise class the other night went fine, although the instructor lady did ask "does anyone speak english?" because the song that was playing contained lots of not very polite words. In fact it was solely made up of such words. But obviously, everyone was oblivious to it and the instructor lady asked me afterwards what the french equivalents were. It made me chuckle.

I went to pilates last night, which was not such a success. It involved lots of stretching and breathing and a whole lot of instructions were rattled off really quickly. I tried to copy others, but got told off for having my head up blah blah blah. The issue was that when I had my head down I had no idea what I was meant to be doing, so the instructor had to keep coming over and making me do it right. I could not understand the instructions and Im sure everyone must have thought I was an idiot. I wanted to yell at them all "I'M NOT STUPID, JUST ENGLISH!"- but I didn't think that would go down too well, what with the classical music in the background and all.
Oh to add to this story the instructor was young and male. a rarity in Périgueux.
OH THE SHAME.

Im dog sitting this weekend, well Im feeding him and letting him out. Right now Im baking a hazelnut and fig cake- the fresh figs you can buy really cheaply from the market at the moment, and the hazelnuts are from the ground just outside my door. :)



I have kiwis growing outside my window too...


:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon Soir Chloe.
C'est dommage que tu es Anglais. Si tu sois Ecossais Tous serait Bon!
Please send me a corrected version! We had a great holiday in Wales at St Davids and visited Tenby for a day. I have been in hspital for a Pharyngeoosomnagoscopy! It was nice that your mum and dad came to visit me.
My you are having fun!!
Ton grandpere!