Getting here...
I left home at 8am ish and got into my house in France at 9.30pm- I'm sure you should be able to get somewhere really hot in that amount of time.
I was a bit nervous/upset about leaving my lovely home and family again but when I got to the airport one of the other assistants for P happened to be there and was taking the same flight, I instantly felt better and it was so much nicer doing the journey with someone else (even though we were ridiculously tired). My rucksack was so heavy that I bent forward to pick something up and fell over backwards, arms and legs flailing much to everyone's amusement!
There was a fair bit of waiting around in cold stations and then the task of getting a taxi once back in P. Before I left my Mum had kindly reassured me that 'even in deepest darkest Cornwall you can get a taxi from a station'. We did manage to get a taxi but we had to ring up then wait. Then the guy came but it was for someone else who had been waiting over half and hour. Apparently there is only one taxi driver in P on week-nights, so we waited some more for our turn.
Being back...
I had forgotten just how much my little home smells like a wooden cabin, and I had also forgotten what cold feels like. I wore most of my wardrobe last night but still couldnt get off to sleep because my nose felt like it was getting frostbite. I ended up getting up in the night and leaving the heater on. Don't worry about me, this worked rather well.
I was concerned about doing a full day of teaching on very little sleep, but again, prayers uberly answered, I managed the super early start. The French soon kicked itself back into my head and after taking my first lesson (at what was, for me, 7.30 English time)I got to see a beautiful sunrise and eat my bag of cereal- breakfast!
I'm very much back, which is weird, sad and lovely all at the same time, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) amusing you encore with my French 2011.
:)
2 comments:
Another exciting term ahead of you. keep blogging!!
Glad you got back OK Chloe, eventually anyway...
Good to see you on Sunday - will be praying for you.
Eat some cheese for me... actually don't, I think I ate my weight in cheese over Christmas.
xx
Post a Comment