Sunday, 13 March 2011

Time flies when you are having fun, in the sun, making an inordinate number of chef's hats.


SO, what have I been up to? Well that is a very good question and I don't really know where all my time is going, the weeks are passing très quickly (potentially because I have the next part of my uni dissertation due in at the end of March and I thought it was for the end of April, thus I have lost a month). Eating, sleeping and lesson planning are my regular activities, I had to make rather a lot of paper chef's hats for the kids this week so that was my 'free' time.

The weather has been loads better, I am no longer freezing, we actually had a whole week of sunshine but we've hit cloud again now, it was so good to be able to sit outside and read in the sunshine, I found a really quiet spot by the river where I live. It was funny to watch the old 2cv's hurtle round the country lanes over the river- it all felt very 'French'.

What else is new? Well, my church has moved buildings because it was too big for the old room we met in, it is now a 40 minute roller-blade along the canal for me to get to church and, so far, the weather has been kind. They got me to write the sign outside for them, which I thought was a big risk considering I did have to ask for the gender of a few words.

AND,I have booked my flights home for Easter- very very very very exciting to be popping back to good ol' England.
:)

p.s the lovely bloggy people have let me add a 'reactions' bar at the bottom of my posts, so go on, react. I have provided tick boxes for the full array of human emotions that can be evoked by my writing.

4 comments:

Sarah Richardson said...

ooh that's fun
love the chef hat, and where's the photos of the sign with all its correct genders.
where are the reactions thingies on the web site?

Chloe said...

Hi sarah :)
The reactions are light grey and should be at the bottom of each post, under the number of comments.
I'll have to try and find a good picture of the sign!

Unknown said...

I want a button that says keep on talking about food! :)

Zoe said...

ha sorry I didn't realise I was signed in on that account...it's Zoe :)