I did exciting things like having a shower and eating lunch. I then started to do some of the history work I had been set. Now, already having read a good chunk of a book I began my historical journal and it has taken me all afternoon to read and make notes on half of it, I need to get it done my 9am tomorrow for my 'self directed study group' so I am able to make scintillating conversation about Victorian feminism. As my title suggests I am painfully slow at it, predominantly because, like any good historical article, I am having to translate what it actually means. I think historians need lessons in putting more full stops in...
"Despite their enormous numbers, the role of the lesser gentry in the epic battle of commercial versus gentle mores is virtually never mentioned. By implication, the gentry can be subsumed into one camp or the other: either they represented the lesser echelons of aristocracy, somehow sharing the world view of noble families with one hundred times their income, or they should be seen as rural rentier bourgeois."
Additionally I have the cold I say 'the' as it is the one that everyone seems to have got. I was doing so well at avoiding it too, popping zinc and vitamin C supplements daily.
to make this a more colourful/aesthetically pleasing/emotionally uplifting post here is a picture of my legs at our UV rave. 

:)
6 comments:
thank you for explaining Oceana - I thought it was perhaps where those stampeding turtles could be viewed.
I read the history three times, and still haven't a clue about what its on about. You might have to mumble or delegate the scintillating conversation.
As for the legs, well, I know it wasn't much of a summer, Chlo, but maybe a quick squirt of fake tan would have been in order!
I don't think the history was written in English at all is it? Its really from one of your French books! It doesn't make any sense to me.
your legs are the same colour as mine
I had a pair of socks like that when I was at Uni. The fashion has returned!
Chloe, I read that same book just last week. It makes fascinating reading. have you got to the bit where the big bad wolf blows cant blow the house down and the three little pigs are safe inside?
Hugs and Kisses,
Will
Yes, I was thinking oceana was an aquarium so thanks for explainiing that.
Josh
I think they should make a film of this "epic battle of commercial versus gentle mores", it sounds a most dramatic occurance, similar to those battles in Lord of the Rings. I'm sure at least three people would watch it :P
I'm reading this at work and my boss was most amused by the picture of your multicoloured legs on my screen, accompanied by the awesome title :D hehe
I've got the image of the stampeding turtles in my head now. Oo and I got your letter yesterday, twas awesome, thank you, and I may write back soon :)I was meaning to phone you last night and forgot so will probably try and remember tomorrow.
xxx
Post a Comment