So knowing that I would have to get up early to go to church in the morning I decided to have an early (ish) night. I slept well until about 2 when I became aware of a bleeping noise right by my head, it was really annoying so I went through my room trying to locate where it was coming from. Eventually, in my sleep deprived desperation, I turned off all of my plugs and phone etc thinking it must solve the problem. NO.
Now I really couldn't sleep with it bleeping slow and repetitively like that, I'm sure it's the kind of noise used as torture. So I harnessed the light of my mobile and went to explore the stairwell in my pajamas to discover that it was the fire alarm system the other side of my wall that was making the noise. It was flashing "fault" and "fire" but I couldn't mess around with the buttons to get it to stop and turn off cos I didn't want to be deemed an arsenist should the whole building actually catch on fire. Not knowing who to phone (it was now getting close to 3 in the morning) I just had to leave it bleeping by my head.
This morning it is still bleeping, apparently an electrician is working on it. Also we have no hot water today and most of the Internet and our online timetables and everything won't work. The cause? about a couple of seconds of powercut yesterday.
4 comments:
Nick (Hallett) and I slept well last night .Hurrah
Get an electrician to help such as Malcolm.
welcome to student accomodation!! try ear plugs!
haha, how was church?
Have they told you about the firedrill tonight?!!
Post a Comment