Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Sponge in a Wok, crispy cakes in a washing up bowl... the joys of student cooking.

So today I baked cakes. CU roped in all our cell groups to make cakes for an event called 'afternoon tea with JC' its like a cafe type thing people can bring their friends along too. anyway they needed cakes so we were asked to provide some. So after yet another trip to Asda some fairy cakes (decorated with smarties) and chocolate crispy cakes were made. It was hard what to decide to make as, being a student in a studenty sort of kitchen, I had no baking things. Eventually I chose to make the sponge in my Wok as it was the only thing big enough for all the mixture.To mix all the rice crispies into the chocolate the only thing big enough was a spare washing up bowl.

It all looks vaguely ok. edible at least. the sad part is that I can't even try anything as its all got gluten in it, it was cheaper to do it that way. :( I did get the guy that was helping me to try it though and he didnt keel over so I think its probably alright. students will eat anything anyway.

:)
(sorry that there are no pics of this. I have no camera.)

2 comments:

Chris Richardson said...

mmmmmmm cakes in a washing up bowl! lovely.

Zoe said...

What happened to your camera? I am impressed you have a wok. It sounds properly cookeryish, evenn if it is being used for mixing fairy cakes.