Sunday, 19 September 2010

I really am going to have to think of titles for my posts...

I have somewhere to live, Im moved in and I have internet. That is the short version.

The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind. But I'm going to summarise to stop myself writing a novel and boring you all.

I arrived fine, despite my flight being delayed and the bus from the airport to the train station taking an hour and 20 mins.I think Bordeaux's traffic might actually be worse than Bristol's.

I stayed with my supervisor for a night, I didn't get much sleep and then had to be up at 6.30 am (my body was still in english time, so 5.30 did not feel good)We went to see a studio at 8, which I hated. It was very small and had one tiny skylight window and a fold out bed. Oh and the guy next door was smoking loads and was a bit dodge. yeah I really did not like it.

To cut a long story short at this point I ended up wondering around perigueux on my own, freezing (it was really cold and I only had a cardigan with me).Not knowing where I was, I eventually found tourist info and bought a map and then I visited estate agents with not much success and finding anything. I was cold and very tired and pretty lost and I spent most of the time trying (unsuccessfully) not to cry. I visited the library for a bit cos it was warm :)

Then late afternoon I found my way back to my supervisors office and he said that he had been to see another studio that he liked. He was describing it and I asked to see it, pretty desperate to find something, hoping that it might be better than the other one I had seen. It was a lot better. So I ended up moving in late that night because my supervisor was going away for the weekend, and lives way out in the countryside.

So that was my first day.

No comments: