Thursday, 23 September 2010

A week in, keeping busy, I have not yet begun to procrastinate...

So, I have been here for a week now and despite missing carpets, speaking english and you british things have been going très bien.

Week one alone has given me an insight into french life...

The pillows here make our english ones look sickly, the french ones are definitely on steroids or are genetically modified or something. Very macho.

There is a pharmacy everywhere you walk. In any given high street the average seems to be about 3.

French ways clearly have already infected me, I have taken up drinking from a bowl.
(/ there is a distict lack of mugs chez moi)


The markets here (wednesdays and saturdays) are really great, fresh fruit and veg and meats- mainly duck. Oh and flowers too, so for just over a euro I got these...

:)
p.s I have a kettle and a duvet and a big duster to clean away the many many cobwebs. die spiders die.

3 comments:

Sarah Richardson said...

Glad to see your smiling face over the top of the floor cushion you are calling a pillow!! You are right they are on steroids.
I'm looking forwards to following your cheery insights into France and a year abroad. :o)

dad said...

Despite drinking from a bowl you are still following your upbringing by drinking with your little finger raised.

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog. I love those steroid pillows. We get them in South Africa and I really miss them. We call them Continental pillows - for obvoius reasons!