Thursday, 21 October 2010

'For us retirement is 60' oh really France- well it's already 65 in England so sit down, shut up and write angry letters instead if you really must.

I have been here 5 weeks, 5 WEEKS!!!

So, I have worked for 2 weeks and now have the holidays :) yey!! I am pretty tired though and have a cold, so it is already needed. Teaching has been going quite well generally, its hard work but really satisfying when the kids area able to say something that you taught them.

One of the schools is a long way away, so I can't come home for lunch. School canteen lunch was really good this week. Alphabet noodle soup then croque monsieurs (way more than a glorified cheese toasty), cheese and then apple and plum compot. yum. Only in france would school dinners be a 3 or 4 course thing. There is bread all the time and a separate cheese course in the meal!

So my holidays are looking quite busy, grève permitting Im off the the beautiful Annecy to meet up with a friend, then hopefully my lovely family are coming out to see me next weekend.

If you haven't already heard from the news, France is kind of a mess right now. It's not too bad where I am, because, lets face it, Périgueux is not the largest town ever. It is annoying however; transport, post and the schools are all in chaos. I, selfishly, really hope it doesn't effect any of my plans, especially the parentals arrival because I really do want to see them but also they have my coat and its getting cold here. brrrrrr.

:)

p.s I miss you all!

2 comments:

Adrian H Reed said...

J'adore les photos de ta ville, celle du marché et des anciens incluse - mais comment précises-tu les viellards, Chlöe? (!) Enjouis ta visite à la ville d'Annecy: aucune plus belle qu'elle n'existe possiblement dans cette région ... peut-être Chamonix. Nous avons souvent passé des vacances à Talloires, village médiéval est le perle du lac, se trouvant de l'est. Bonnes grèves. Nous t'aimons beaucoup. Rosemary & Adrian xx

Anonymous said...

66 now :(