Thursday, 13 January 2011

They may as well have provided live cows for us to bite into.

Every Tuesday I'm too far away from home to have lunch at mine so I to the school cantine, it's pot-luck how good it is and school lunch this Tuesday really wasn't so great. I'm pretty sure I ate raw mincemeat slightly mashed together to resemble a circular burger thing. Being immensely and stubbornly English I cannot get used to the French tendency to eats animals that are pretty much still alive. Our plates were covered in red cow blood at the end but the other teachers proceeded to mop it all up and eat it with a spare bit of baguette.

So, after the cow ordeal I returned to the staff room whereupon I discovered another teacher eating his lunch. He had brought in something I would say is pretty un-french, a microwave-meal. On closer inspection, the label informed me that what he was in fact eating was delicately named 'hunters rabbit' and that the chunks of meat he was eating had once been a poor little bunny.
Tesco are missing a trick here, microwavable rabbit anyone?

:)

1 comment:

Chris Richardson said...

Are you sure it was cow... could have been horse!